The following list contains information and required documents for obtaining a passport:
- Two 2x2 Identical Passport Photos
- Certified Birth Certificate (for first time passports or to renew a minor's passport)
- Former passport (for renewal through acceptance agency)
- Proof of Identity (valid driver's license, passport, military ID or government issued ID)
- Two forms of payment (U.S. Department of State accepts a check or money order only)
- If the child is 15 years of age or below, they must be accompanied by BOTH parents. If one parent is unable to be present, then form DS-3053* must be completed for each child of the absent parent. If form DS-3053* can not be completed by the absent parent, please contact our office for further information.
- If the child is 16 or above, only one parent is required to be present.
Renewing a Passport
- For information on renewing a current passport, please visit the website www.travel.state.gov
- To renew a passport without going thru an acceptance facility read the following information:
If renewing a passport that has been issued less than 15 years ago, form DS-82 is needed. Make sure "yes" can be answered to all four questions on the front of the application before submitting to the U.S. Department of State. Failure to do so will result in the U.S. Department of State returning the application unprocessed. If applicant is unable to answer "yes" to all four of the questions applicant is required to renew thru an acceptance facility.
Passport Fees - Effective February 1, 2008
The fees listed below are for routine service (3-4 weeks). Please call for expedited pricing (1-2 weeks).
(Make check payable to US Department of State)
(Make check payable to Montgomery County Clerk)
Passport Book Age 16 and Over, DS-11
Passport Book Age 15 and Under, DS-11
Passport Book By Mail, DS-82
Passport Card Age 16 and Over, DS-11
Passport Card Age 15 and Under, DS-11