What you must do:
All applicants must appear in person at the Clerk’s office. All applicants must have BOTH parents’ names on their Birth Certificates, regardless of age. All applicants must have a Social Security number. Customers should allow 15 minutes for the completion of each passport. Requests cannot be accepted after 4 p.m.
Children 15 years of age and under must appear with BOTH parents. Children 16 years of age and over may appear with only one parent. Please DO NOT sign the Passport Application until the Clerk’s representative asks you to do so.
What you must bring:
- A completed US Passport Application (also available on site)
- Two identical 2”x2” recent, professional, face-front photographs. Photos must be on a white or light background. No school photographs accepted. Photos are not taken at County Clerks office. Walgreens or Walmart provides this service.
- An original or certified copy of a birth certificate and file date issued by a State (photocopies are not accepted). Birth certificates must have names of both parents, regardless of age.
- If you do not have a birth certificate you can also bring a Naturalization Certificate (photocopies are not accepted) or a previous United States passport.
- A valid Driver’s License, government identification, or previous U.S. passport issued after applicant’s 16th birthday which is not more than 15 years old. (A Green Card or valid Foreign Passport is required for parents applying for a U.S. Citizen Children’s Passport.)
If an applicant cannot furnish the above identification, the applicant can present:
- 3 additional forms of identification (bring whatever you have)
- An identifying witness who has known the applicant for at least 2 years, must be a U.S. citizen or Resident Alien, and can establish his or her own identity by one of the above means
- Children 15 years or younger renewing a U.S. Passport must submit BOTH the Passport and an original or certified copy of Birth Certificate showing full names of both parents.
What it will cost:
- Routine Passports will take 8-11 weeks processing time.
- Adults 16 years of age or older – $130.00, payable by personal check, cashier check, or US Postal money order to US Department of State.
- Children 15 years of age and younger – $100.00, payable by personal check, cashier check, or US Postal money order to US Department of State.
- Please note an addtional $35.00 processing fee will be made to the County Clerk’s office. Payable by cash, check, or card. For November 4, 2023 Passport Fair, cash or check only.
Expedited Passports services are available, which can reduce the waiting time to 5-7 weeks. If you need to travel in less than 10-12 working days, you must appear in person at a US Passport Agency with proof of travel (ex: airline ticket, Itinerary and/or travel confirmation).
Passport Procedures are set by the United States government, which has a Website listing the full requirements for a US Passport.
What it will cost:
- Adults 16 years of age or older – $209.53, payable by personal check or US Postal money order to US Department of State.
- Children 15 years of age and younger – $179.53, payable by personal check or US Postal money order to US Department of State.
- Please note an additional $35.00 processing fee will be made to the County Clerk’s office. Payable by cash, check, or card.
- Bring in expedite envelope and postage when applying for expedited processing.